Before you start live streaming, you'll need to get your audio visual equipment set up and ready to go, and choosing your equipment can be daunting. We're here to guide you on making your equipment choices and assisting with setup depending on your needs as a business. Although please note that these suggestions are purely our recommendations and so we also advise speaking with a professional for further help.
In essence, your equipment needs boil down to the following requirements:
- A video recording device - e.g. compact camera, webcam, digital SLR
- A sound/voice recording device - e.g. USB microphone, wireless microphone
- A platform to operate from - e.g. computer
We've come up with 3 potential solutions, with equipment suggestions for each, to help you navigate and decide upon your live streaming setup:
- Go to: Basic Setup - a simple setup providing the most basic video and sound performance
- Go to: Balanced Setup - a setup that provides a good balance between quality and ease of use
- Go to: Premium Setup - this setup is top tier quality and will require tinkering to maximise performance
Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and is endlessly customisable to meet your needs as long as you are comfortable with researching compatibility. You should have your live stream equipment purchased, set up and tested well before you conduct your first live stream class.