We're offering businesses using Move a way to show you that they are prepared for you at this time, here's how.
When providers open their doors again this July, we're helping them show you that they're prepared to welcome you back in the new world. This COVID Kitemark shows you that they are complying with UKActive guidance on reopening physical fitness establishments and have updated the activity timetables and information accordingly.
You can view the UK active guidance for fitness operators in full here, but here's a quick summary of the main points that providers are observing.
Summary of the UKActive guidance
- To help everyone observe this there’ll be new signage, route (one-way) and spacial markers, as well as rearranged spaces and equipment.
There might also be reductions in class capacity and temporarily reduced hours overall. This could include specific slot bookings and venue area/zone bookings in some cases.
High hygiene standards
- Expect more frequent and deeper cleaning with thoroughly cleaned equipment after each class.
- Drinking fountains will be removed.
- Hand sanitiser and self-cleaning stations will be placed around the workout areas and near exit and entry points.
- Customers will be encouraged to bring their own equipment i.e. yoga mats.
- Changing and washing facilities might be closed or be less accessible and with reduced occupancy.
- Some venues and instructors will offer face masks, some might insist on it, some might leave it to personal preference.
- There’ll be more frequent risk assessment as levels of activity and attendance grow back.
- Measures will be taken to increase ventilation as well as increased outdoor activity options.
Here’s what else you can do:
- Keep distance between yourselves and others.
- Visit at quieter times if possible.
High hygiene standards
- Clean your kit/equipment before and after each activity while in the venue (consider bringing a small pack of disinfectant wipes for equipment or facilities you do touch).
- Don’t take ‘sweat’ towels onto the workout or studio floors.
- Wash your workout gear as soon as you get home, no matter how much you sweated during your session.
- Shower at home after your workout, not at the venue.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser just in case there is low supply at the venue.
- Bring your own face mask if you wish.
- Bring your own equipment to class i.e. yoga mat, water bottle.